Communications through our website or via email are not encrypted and are not necessarily secure. Use of the internet or email is for your convenience only, and by using them, you assume the risk of unauthorized use.
You hereby agree to hold Central Dermatology Center, P.A. (the Practice), its doctors and affiliates, harmless from any hacking or any other unauthorized use of your personal information by outside parties.
Your use of the contact form will result in an email being generated which will include all information you provide and delivered to Central Dermatology Center, P.A. By checking the box on the contact form:
- You are requesting Central Dermatology Center, P.A. communicate with you via email at the address provided. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE EMAIL YOU MUST CONTACT Central Dermatology Center, P.A. DIRECTLY BY TELEPHONE.
- You have reviewed the “Important Information About Email” notice provided below and understand the information contained within the notice.
- Despite the possibility that the email systems utilized may not be encrypted or secure and there are no assurances of confidentiality, you consent to the Practice communicating with you via email.
- You represent that the email address provided is accurate and it is your responsibility to update Central Dermatology Center, P.A. of any changes.
- You understand that you may withdraw this consent at any time by delivering written notice to Central Dermatology Center, P.A.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT EMAIL THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH UNENCRYPTED EMAIL. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Most standard email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. do not provide a secured or encrypted means of communication. As a result, there is risk that any protected health information contained in an email may be disclosed to, or intercepted by, unauthorized third parties. Additionally, email messages accessible through personal computers, laptops, or phones have inherent privacy risks especially when the email account is provided by an employer, when the account is not password protected, or the account is shared. Use of more secure communications, such as phone, fax or mail is preferred and always an available alternative.
When consenting to the use of email through such unsecured or unencrypted systems, you are accepting responsibility for any unauthorized access or disclosure to protected health information contained within the message. Central Dermatology Center, P.A. will not be responsible for unauthorized access of protected health information while in transmission and will not be responsible for safeguarding information once it is delivered to you. Central Dermatology Center, P.A. will take steps to ensure that any email with protected health information is protected prior to being sent to the requested address and will use the minimum necessary amount of protected health information when communicating with you.
It is important to understand that emails will not be used to replace or facilitate communications between you and your physician and will not be considered private communications. There is no guarantee that Central Dermatology Center, P.A. will be actively monitoring the inbox so responses and replies sent to or received by you or Central Dermatology Center, P.A. may be hours or days apart. Email messages may be inadvertently missed or errors in transmissions may occur. Central Dermatology Center, P.A. will not be responsible for any issues caused by delays in communications. If you have an immediate need or an emergency situation, you must contact Central Dermatology Center, P.A. by telephone or dial 9-1-1 if applicable. Central Dermatology Center, P.A. staff will be utilized to monitor the inbox in order to properly direct or respond to communications received. Therefore, any information considered sensitive should not be included in your communications.
At Central Dermatology Center, P.A.’s discretion, any email message received or sent may become part of your medical record.